- ALL CAST WILL ATTEND EVERY DAY OF TECH WEEK
- We still need costume help on Monday, and a lot of help overall! Please volunteer!
- Please feed your kiddos before each rehearsal, or send them with small snacks & bottled water ('clean snacks', ie, NO cheetos, fruit punch, chocolate etc.), except for Thursday when they will be provided a Pizza Dinner!
- Please label all belongings, and have children carry them in a small bag, to avoid lost items.
- All cast should arrive at tech rehearsals wearing the required undergarments & shoes for their character (See below).
- Aside from leads, all cast members must arrive with hair & makeup done. (hair pulled back away from face, light stage makeup)
- Please have children bring something to do during 'down time'.
- Children should be picked up after the Saturday afternoon show, and brought back at their respective call time for the evening show.
February 2nd: LOAD-IN DAY - PLEASE VOLUNTEER BELOW!! We'll meet at the Stagelight Warehouse at 9:00 am - 1051 S. Leslie St. in La Habra
FEBRUARY 3RD: FIRST DAY OF TECH WEEK! ALL CAST 4:30-7:30
FEBRUARY 4TH: TECH REHEARSAL ALL CAST - 4:30-7:30
FEBRUARY 5TH: FIRST DRESS REHEARSAL - ALL CAST - 4:30-7:30
FEBRUARY 6TH: FINAL DRESS REHEARSAL ALL CAST - 4:30-730 + (PIZZA DINNER)
FEBRUARY 7TH: OPENING SHOW! CALL TIME 5:30 FOR LEADS WITH MICS*. ALL OTHER CAST 6:00
FEBRUARY 8TH: AFTERNOON MATINEE - CALL TIME 12:30 FOR LEADS WITH MICS*. ALL OTHER CAST 1:00
FEBRUARY 8TH: EVENING PERFORMANCE - CALL TIME 5:30 FOR LEADS WITH MICS*. ALL OTHER CAST 6:00.
FEBRUARY 8TH: LOAD OUT - 9:30-12:30. PLEASE VOLUNTEER BELOW!!
*LEADS WITH MICS -
Mayor of Munchkinland
City Fathers 1&2
Aunt Em/Gatekeeper (Act 1/Act 2)
Uncle Henry/Wizard (Act 1/Act 2)
The process has been much simpler this year, and I think we've all appreciated it, but it's almost time for ALL HANDS ON DECK! Seriously, we will need all the help we can get for load-in, tech week, and the shows!
If you've signed up to help with costumes (on any day), please also sign-up to help on Monday the 3rd! We will need all the help we can get that day, as we will be pulling costumes & fitting everyone!
- All Munchkins/Monkeys/Poppies must provide a tank top and bike shorts under their costumes. Since they have a costume change, this will ensure the privacy of all of our cast members.
- You must also provide your own shoes. Monkeys need black shoes which they can also wear with their Munchkin costume. The Girl Munchkins can wear a solid colored tennis shoe, ballet shoe, dance shoe, etc (no light up shoes).
- Emerald City Citizens need to wear black shoes. (If possible, dance shoes, jazz shoes, etc. ) They can wear the same shoes with their Jitterbug costume. All Emerald City Citizens and Jitterbugs must provide their own black turtlenecks and black leggings.
- All characters should wear their hair pulled out of their face in a low ponytail. Most cast members will be wearing a hat.
- Dorothy will wear her hair in braids.
- All leads should wear tank tops & shorts under their costumes, and the following shoes:
Dorothy - Black Mary Jane type shoes or ballet flats
Scarecrow - Black or Tan Jazz shoe, if she has them, or just black
Tin Man & Lion - Black shoes
MAKEUP - Leads will have makeup applied by the Stagelight staff. Everyone else should come with LIGHT stage makeup. ie, foundation or powder, blush, mascara, lip color.
Recorded at the first rehearsal for 3rd-5th Graders on January 6th
Recorded at first rehearsal for K-2nd graders, on January 7th.
From rehearsal on January 14th
This is the 'blocking' (stage movement), dialogue, music, and choreography for the Munchkins when Dorothy arrives in Oz, filmed on January 14th.
This is the Jitterbug dance, including all of the ensemble Jitterbug dancers.
This is the Jitterbug Dance with the Leads & Lead Jitterbug Dancers.
This is the full Jitterbug Dance, with all Leads, Lead Jitterbug Dancers, and Ensemble
This is an additional Jitterbug dance, which includes the 4 main leads, and the Lead Jitterbug Dancers
This is the song & choreography for 'If I Only Had a Heart'
This is the music & choreography for 'If I Only Had the Nerve'
This is the music & choreography for 'We're Off to See the Wizard' performed by Dorothy, Tin Man, Scarecrow
This is the choreography & music for 'We're Off to See the Wizard' performed by Dorothy, the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, & the Lion
This is the music & choreography for 'Optimistic Voices' as sung and dance by Glinda & the Poppies.
'The Lullaby League' music & choreography performed by the Lullaby League
This is the song and choreography for 'If I Only Had a Brain', with Dorothy, the Scarecrow, and the Crows!
For group ticket information or accessibility requests, send us a message.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.